Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More sewing practice

Today, I wanted to make some felt boxes to store my sewing supplies in. I'm trying to get organized as I cannot comfortably create things with a cluttered table. I only had a 9" square of felt so I made a miniature box. It's about 5.5" square and I'm using it to house my sewing and quilting thread. Look it all fits in there since I have so very little thread. :) I should definitely buy some more. Previously, I was storing the thread in a ginormous basket which was taking up way too much of my table and really wasn't needed. I think I'm going to sew this differently the for the next one I make. I had a hard time smooshing this through my sewing machine.



I made this for practice yesterday from a tutorial found here. The instructions were so easy, I think even my hubby could do this one. Turning the fabric around was the hardest part for me. I don't have any safety pins (can you believe that?) so I had to use needle nose pliers. HAHA! Look how crooked I sew. I guess that's what practicing is for :) Pretty soon I'm going to have a room full of horribly sewn, ugly projects. I think I'll give them to my mom(an expert sewer) and see if she can hold back the laughter.


I'm still scared the needle will break and poke me in the eye when I sew. I'm so paranoid.

0comments: