Monday, June 25, 2007

A little bit of everything

Luna is 12 weeks old. I'm going to be posting images of Gimli at the same age, if I have them. I can't believe I went weeks (sometimes two!) without taking a picture of my angel! I can already tell she's much thinner and will have a pointier face. Gimli had a blockier head and his ears were more perky. He also looked much more like a dingo than a dog at this age.


Here is Luna giving a kiss to her big brother. She looooves him.

Here is a place mat I made for Julia with my very own fish, Bubbles. I designed Bubbles in Photoshop and used the freezer paper stencil method to paint him onto the fabric. I used pearlized paints to give him a shimmery fish scales look. I think he came out pretty cute.
A close up of bubbles. He's smiling because no one is ever going to eat him!

I made this today during puppy nap sessions. It's a CD holder from Amy Butler's book, In Stitches. I probably shouldn't have started with this one as a novice sewer. I found the instructions somewhat confusing. (or maybe was because I was incredibly sleepy?) The stiff interfacing came out way too big and skewed the rest of my sides. :( I tried to repair the unevenness but I'm not sure if I succeeded. I had to hand stitch the handles on because I could not maneuver this thing in my machine. Don't look too closely. :)
I had planned on making a bunch to store my fabrics that were smaller than 1/4 yard, but with how crooked mine came out I'm not sure if I will.

I went to Denio's farmer's market and auction this weekend with Carolyn. I bought this adorable Totoro purse. It's just so cute!!

That's it for now.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what sweeties your pups are!