Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Vegan cookies for the furry faces



I decided to experiment a little with different flavors of dog cookies. I have to make my own because most of the ones sold in the store are beefy and my dogs are vegetarians. I usually make them peanut butter cookies, but this time I thought I'd try to incorporate Gimli's favorite food. . . carrots!

I made a vegan carrot/peanut butter cookie with cinnamon and vanilla. They smelled really good. I thought the carrots would help to make them a bit more moist but they were still dry as usual. Regardless, my dogs loved them and both tried to pull cookies off the cooling rack. I only wish they could tell me if they prefer the pure peanut butter ones or these.

I also made extra cookies for all of their furry friends that put up with their hyperness. :) I think I will make these again at Christmas but make them extra special by making a peanut butter frosting. Now I have to figure out a way to make yogurt snacks for my cat.

The hardest part for them is waiting for them to cool after I take them out of the oven. They stared at me like that the whole time. . and then the cooling rack. . and then me. . and then the cooling rack. . . . I think they were trying to tell me something.


2comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Those faces are hilarious! AI hope they realize how good they have it with their specialty treats. Wow.

Andrea said...

Hehe My older dog knows. He gets excited when I get out the rolling pin since the only roll out cookies I make are for them. :)