Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Working on Christmas gifts

Since I'm unemployed, I end up making presents for everyone for the holidays. Usually I'll make a variety of cookies and put them in a tin, give homemade candles or something else handmade. I'm never sure if the family likes them or if they think I'm cheap and giving them hokey gifts. This year I'm making coasters, potholders, cloth napkins, pillows, wall hangings, ornaments and a couple of pencil drawings and quilts for select people. I have about 3480983 things to do so I've been working non-stop. I hope they appreciate my efforts as they are all made with love!

I started a Dexter pencil drawing. Spent about a week or two on it so far in between puppy babysitting. I'm not even 1/8th of the way done yet. I just blocked in the tones so far and I have to go back and put in the details on the portions face and hair I've already blocked in. I haven't started putting in the prickly beard yet. I'm dreading that part. :( I started on the cadaver's pasty hand. I just love this show.


A quilt for little Vinny. I still have to finish the binding, some hand stitching and pull all the threads to the back. Almost done!


A set of 6 coasters I made that will go with 6 matching napkins which I have yet to start.


I'm currently working on a pot holder, a few pillows, tending to a bunch of seedlings, getting ready to start a 2nd drawing and a wall hanging. It's going to be a busy few months!

0comments: