Thursday, February 1, 2007

Spoon


I haven't drawn in over a year (sketches below don't count) so I thought I'd get back into practice by drawing something simple. Spoons are definately not as easy as they look although it's a lot easier than drawing a person. The color is off on this because the lighting is poor in here. I'll resume my drawing tommorow when I actually can see. The drawing is done on Arches 140lb water color paper. I've not had to much experience with this paper before so that in itself is an experiment. The drawing surface seems to fleck off a lot and it doesn't seem to be able to take too much blending. I have ruined the paper in a few areas already. No part of the drawing is done. I still have to go back and refine a few dozen more times. Drawing size is about 7x11" I would say. I just randomly cut a piece of paper. I've spent about 3 hours on the drawing so far.

0comments: