Thursday, August 23, 2007

Another Halloween card with instructions and Luna update.

Single, shy, blue Merle, female with dark brown eyes looking for friends. I love chewing on carpet, licking the cupboards, licking the dishes in the dishwasher and eating cat poop. My interests are tug of war, chase, licking the toilet bowl and biting ankles. If interested, please sniff my butt.


A halloween card made with stamps from eat cake graphics. Colored in watercolors and embellished with iridescent paint. As always, the colors aren't accurate and the picture is skewed.

For the Halloween card:

1. Stamp the "porch with light" with black versafine ink on watercolor paper. Hot press paper is best for stamping, as it's smoother than cold or rough.

2. Line up the "candy hands" with a stamp-a-ma-jig and stamp that in front of the porch, then stamp the trick-or-treaters (side). (I got the stamp-a-ma-jig just for this, too. I don't know how I lived without it.)

3. Color the stamped images and layered the colors until they are as vibrant as you want them to be. Layer with multiple colors so the stamped images don't look flat. For example, the sky has around 5 colors blended into it.

4. For the sky, wet the entire background and start blocking in colors, blending the yellows into the blues. Clean the brush off every time so the darker colors don't muddy up the lighter ones.

5. The card is embellished with iridescent medium on the light fixture, bowl, candy, mask, and pumpkins. (It can't be seen in the front view though; only from the side.)

6. Trim the image and layer it onto white card stock. (I made a 6x6" card out of orange card stock and affixed some Halloween type paper to it with double stick tape.) Tape down the matted image to the card base. (I stamped the "trick or treat" stamp onto orange polka dot paper and matted it onto black cardstock.) Lastly, tape it to the front of the card, and it's done! :)

Edited 8/24. Added a better picture. Edited 8/25 with instructions.


I don't approve of mommy's earlier post. That's just not true!


I do enjoy talking to myself. Forgot to mention that I've been so sick the past few months and that's why I haven't updated.

2comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh now this is spectacular. Love the scene and the colors are fabulous. Oh...and I have two Newfoundland pups who might like to meet with your pup. Same interests. :)

Andrea said...

Thanks Jennifer. I'm sure Luna would love to meet your puppy's. I bet they're huge!