Monday, March 26, 2007

Only one more bag to go . . I wish

I Planted up 2 more trays of seedlings this morning. After 6 hours of planting I'm ready to go back to sleep now. I have a few more (around 15) bags to pot up but I'm going to put that off until tommorow. I have horrible crampypoos! Sometimes I hate being a girl.

The first 4 trays of seedlings I planted have grown tremendously! I'll have to post a picture later if I have time. It's amazing how fast those little guys grow. Soon they're going to graduate, leave home and have seedlings of their own. /sniff

I spent a few hours yesterday planting the groundcover into our back yard. I bought a flat of Myoporum because it takes the California heat, is evergreen and the color of it doesn't change and turn yellow when my doggy tinkles on it. A very important factor for me. It will be a few months before it fills in, if a neighborhood cat or bird doesn't eat it first. I managed to plant three little seedlings yesterday. THREE!! It took that long to dig holes big enough in the clay soil. At this rate half my flat will be dead before I dig holes for them.

0comments: