Sunday, April 8, 2007

Yard update

The left side of the yard. The plum tree and the crape myrtle are planted. The path for the stepping stones are temporily placed to see if it's pleasing. Good soil still has to be mounded into the clay and mixed in to create a berm around the crape myrtle.

The right side with 5 cypress trees along the back and a Geijera in the corner. Look at my lovely blue bucket. It's sparkly and glittery. I love buckets! I finished planting the ground cover and added in some extra in case any accidently came out. Accidents happen when Gimli runs over the area at 50mph.

Ugly pots on the back and an old fence that's about to fall down :) Look at the crooked trees.

A view of the left side from the right side of the yard. WOW! Oh look up against the bricks it's my hula hoe! It's handy in many situations and my favourite tool :) I even have a hula hoe junior. I like hoes. hmm from this angle the stones look like a question mark. Not good. The yard still needs plants and lots of them!

Gimli helping us break up the clay soil. He's such a good helper.

Gimli with clay soil stuck on his nose.

Gimli smiling for th camera. SOOOOO ADORABLE!! On the ground there is hula hoe junior.

I've never had dry hands or arms before but working in the clay soil seems to be drying my skin out. It seems the clay is sucking all the moisture out of my poor wittle hands. I have little skin flakes all over my hands and arms now. Unsightly and so uncomfortable. Anyways. . .


The end. (_!_)

0comments: